Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Dean for Student Learning, the 10-Month Cyclic Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 2 - Chemistry will coordinate and provide instructional laboratory support to chemistry undergraduate courses.Other science courses may also be assigned to this position. Lab set-ups are coordinated with the faculty and completed without direct supervision. The position interacts with the other Instruction & Classroom Support Technicians, Cascadia Science faculty, and University of Washington Bothell (UWB) employees to complete assignments. Questions regarding work/projects are directed to the Dean or the department responsible (i.e. Purchasing, UW Environmental Health and Safety) for particular projects. Duties include (1) procuring and preparing chemicals, equipment, teaching aids and other materials for laboratory instruction, (2) safely maintaining and disposing of chemicals, (3) maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment, (4) preparing weekly laboratory set ups in chemistry and other science courses as assigned, and 5) attending lab classes to assist instructors.
- Bachelor's degree with major study in chemistry or related field OR one year's experience as Scientific Instructional TechnicianOR equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as license/certification/registration.
- Experience with managing chemical and biological wastes in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Combination of training, formal education and/or research, experience in a chemistry.
- Prior responsibility for technician support of a college level science course.
- Specific experience in support of chemistry laboratory curriculum.
- Demonstrated commitment to pluralism and the ability to support a diverse workplace and educational environment.
Please see the Employment page at Cascadia College for more information and instructions on how to apply. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cascadiacc